Color Doppler Ultrasound
Colour Doppler ultrasound is a medical imaging technique which is used to provide visualization of the blood flow, using color processing to add color to the image so that a doctor or care provider can clearly see what is happening inside the body. This technique requires the use of an ultrasound machine which is capable of color Doppler ultrasound and is done at Dr. Anmol’s ultrasound clinic as an outpatient procedure. Having this imaging study performed is not usually painful, and the patient does not require sedatives.
Doppler ultrasound takes advantage of the Doppler effect to create a moving image of the inside of the body. In this technique, an ultrasound transducer is used to beam sound into the area of interest, and it reads the returning sound. When the sound bounces off a moving target like a blood vessel, the pitch changes as a result of the Doppler effect. The transducer can detect very subtle pitch changes and record them visually, creating an image which shows where blood is flowing, and in which direction.
What are the benefits of Colour Doppler?
The Colour Doppler Test is done to:
- Find blood clots and blocked or narrowed blood vessels in almost any part of the body, especially in the neck, arms, and legs.
- Evaluate leg pain that may be caused by intermittent claudication, a condition caused by atherosclerosis of the lower extremities.
- Evaluate blood flow after a stroke or other condition that might be caused by a problem with blood flow.
- Evaluation of a stroke can be done through a technique called transcranial Doppler (TCD) ultrasound.
- Evaluate abnormal veins causing varicose veins or other problems.
Doppler Test Services:
Venous Doppler Study (Limb- Single/Both/Upper-Lower)
Arterial Doppler Study
Carotid Doppler Study
Renal Doppler Study
Scrotal Doppler Study
Obstetric Doppler study
Hepatic/ Liver Ultrasound